An overnight stay in a sleep hospital monitored by a sleep technologist.
Long waiting times.
$750 plus cost of hospital stay ($250-$500) and ongoing costs of post consultation meetings. Private insurance may cover some of these costs.
Capturing between 7-16 channels of data including:
1. Body oxygen levels by measuring light transmission through the finger with an “oximeter”
2. Airflow through the nose
3. Chest and abdomen movements
4. Heart activity via an electrocardiogram (ECG)
5. Brain activity via an electroencephalogram (EEG)
6. Muscle activity via an electromyogram (EMG)
7. Eye activity via an electrooculogram (EOG)